Newborn or Baby Photoshoot- What to Expect
Probably the most precious photographs you will ever own
YOUR NEWBORN OR BABY PHOTOSHOOT – WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Everything you need to know about your newborn or baby photoshoot
Before the photoshoot
What happens before you book?
- I’ll send some information on what a newborn or baby photoshoot with me is all about.
- When you book a newborn photoshoot, a floating window will be reserved for you around your due date. I’m often booked up a number of months in advance so you should book in as early as possible.
- The date of your newborn photography session will be finalised once your baby is born, so it remains totally flexible.
- When you book a photoshoot for an older baby it’s sometimes easier to get a date. However, I run a really busy studio so it’s still adviseable to get in touch as soon as you can.
The day of your photoshoot
What to expect?
- Your photoshoot will be a totally relaxed experience.
- We will be totally driven by your baby on the day. If your baby is settled and happy that’s great. If your baby need lots of little feeds and plenty of cuddles that’s absolutely fine too!
- My style of baby photography is genuinely relaxed and informal. It’s a wonderful way to capture very real and meaningful photographs,
- My studio is completely self contained with a private kitchen and toilet. Both are completely separate from the rest of the house. The sofas are extremely comfortable too and (during the colder months) the log burner will be lit
After your photoshoot
The really exciting part!
- Professional editing is almost as important as photography itself. Many say that editing accounts for about 40% of creating beautiful, professional photographs
- You will either view your photographs at the end of the session or at a later date if that’s more convenient. Viewings will either be held at my studio/gallery or via zoom. This really is the exciting bit!
- We’ll then pick your absolute favourites and begin to design your artwork.
- The studio has a big selection of wall art presentation products on display. I’ll help you choose the products which are right for you and your home. You can click here to see what you will be able to create with your photographs.
You will be in very safe hands
..and will love the entire experience
- I’ve been photographing babies since 2010. The beautiful, purpose-built baby photography studio is located in the grounds of my house.
- It’s designed to make the whole experience an absolute pleasure and a wonderful day to remember!
- I’ll supply everything you need for the shoot and aim to make the whole process as simple and effortless as possible.
- This is especially important for exhausted parents with very young babies!
AWARD WINNING NEWBORN AND BABY PHOTOSHOOTS – what to expect
“Her studio is amazing it felt like a home from home” – Rachel Lee
“Set up with everything you could possibly need for a newborn, Jennifer’s studio really is a home from home” – Hannah Briggs
What to expect at your newborn or baby photoshoot
My baby photoshoots take place on the Berkshire/Hampshire border. The Jennifer Gillam photography studio is located in the grounds of my house. It doesn’t feel like a professional studio at all as it’s so cosy and comfortable. I played a big part in its design and loved watching it being built. The studio contains everything I could possibly want as a professional baby photographer. It’s also a really comfortable and welcoming space and the perfect place for a totally relaxed baby photoshoot.
Relaxed, natural newborn and baby photography
My approach to baby photography changed completely during the 2020 lockdown. I created a brand new area in my studio, which allows me be totally ‘hands-off’ and socially distanced. This new approach also enabled me to introduce a beautifully simple and contemporary style. It’s bright and clean and the focus is now very much on the baby and family. Click here to see some of my most recent work.
JOIN MY PRIVATE NEWSLETTER
If you’d like to be the first to hear about my exclusive baby photography offers please
subscribe to my private newsletter. I promise I won’t be emailing regularly but I will let
you know about any limited offers I create before they are promoted anywhere else
I will also keep you up to date with my baby photography – UK adventures…
where I have been, who I have seen and I will, of course, share some
beautiful images with you
Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts list